[Healeys] 5 speed transmission update

Jerry Costanzo grumpyinloomis at ssctv.net
Sat Jul 12 20:06:00 MDT 2008

I went by the Toyota dealer and found out that there are 4 different throw out
bearing arms made for the Supra engine depending on the year.  I did not have
any problems with the last conversion which used an 88 Supra tyranny.  This
conversion uses an 84 tyranny which has the arm which is too short.  I had the
dealer look up the part in Smitty's instruction book and since they had it in
stock, I took a measurement.  It was the right one.   Problem solved.

Jerry