[Healeys] The Mad Dash - part 3

Bob Brown blkbt7 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 17:19:47 MDT 2008

Sunday 6th July

The Comfort inn had waffle making facilities so i had
to have a play with that for breakfast. Our time out this moring was 7.10am.
Well, we can make it home from here, no need to be quite so hard on ourselves.
Actually, I was feeling pretty shell shocked this morning  dehydration, not
ready to go home yet, wanting to stay and play a bit longer....

We caught up
with a traffic jam in Iowa just by De Soto John Wayne's birthplace. Had lunch
in Coralville after stopping for gas.  Avis would love this family restaurant
 Perkins. They serve breakfast all day, that's all they do.

We stopped again
27 miles east of Le Claire as Franklins oil gauge was getting shakey  a sign
that the oil level is getting seriously low. Franklins oil leak had been
getting progressively worse.

At 5.45pm we pulled into the 28W755 Forestview
St, Warrenville Illinois. The Cubs had won the best of three matches against
the St Louis Cardinals and all was well with the world.

I'm writing this last
piece on Thursday 10th July from our hotel room in Seoul South Korea. Where we
finished our journey in Chicago we were on a plane at lunchtime on Monday,
flew 12 hours to Seoul, checked into the hotel, pressed the electronic Do Not
Disturb sign have only now woken up enough to make any clear sense of the
tremendous feat we have achieved.

Thank you Bob, Pat and Ian for making it
all possible.