[Healeys] Speeds, distances, and odometers

Tadeusz Malkiewicz tadeusz.malkiewicz at plusnet.pl
Wed Jul 9 12:27:45 MDT 2008

Rich,

Please see attached file on Smiths speedometers.

It was written by Anthony Rhodes and is very helpful.

I did at some point repair my Volvo (Smiths) speedo, and remember there were
two 'tongues' (or whatever they are called) turning the wheels of two
odometers. One of the wheels might be have smaller no. of teeth..

The setup is clearly visible on picture 19. The two wheels on two odometers
are visible on picture 17.

Does this help?..

Please feel free to forward this file to John Sims for his website, I think
my mails do not reach him, as my server is crap.

Thanks, Tadek

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of speedo.pdf]