[Healeys] My BN2

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Jul 7 18:21:38 MDT 2008

Doug,

This IS sad.

My dad had a 1940 Ford pickup that he'd hot-rodded as a young man (it
was our family vehicle for a while), but which he had restored to
original.  He sold it to a young man who appeared to appreciate the
truck and promised to take good care of it (Dad discounted the price
some because of this).  The "kid" promptly sold it, doubling his money.
Dad also sold a stock but unrestored '40 Ford coupe to a man who
promised to restore it, but who turned it into a hot rod (the guy had
the chutzpah to bring the rodded-up car to show off to my dad).  Dad was
hurt both times, but philosophical--when you sell something you have no
stake in it anymore.

OTOH, when we bought our 100M Dad told the seller of my passion for
Healeys and the seller dropped the price and he and my dad became good
friends.

Face it folks, a lot of people--maybe a majority--aren't "car people."
To most, it's an appliance with four wheels.  I pity them.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net