[Healeys] Replacement Radiator Fan

Leonard Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 7 15:02:27 MDT 2008

Tom:  Assuming you have normal hearing, if you want to hear how noisy your
fan is, take it off and run without it for a while.

I was able to do this while stationed in England (someone told me I could
gain as much as 10 HP by removing it).  As long as I was able to attain 40
MPH, enough cool air passed through the radiator to avoid overheating even
without a fan installed.
that's not possible here in California in the Sacramento Valley area, of
course.

I eventually installed a Hayden 7 bladed (metal) flex fan.  It is noisy but
it pulls gobs of air.

Bob may have been joking but, from experience, have you had your hearing
tested lately?  I didn't realize how many sounds I was missing until I got
my hearing aids.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031