[Healeys] 3.5 Rearend

Bob Brown blkbt7 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 11:34:17 MDT 2008

Ron, Bob,
I think Steve was commenting regarding my message from last night we I mentioned a little problem with the 3.55 on the fisrt high pass at Vail. Not properly anticipating my approach I lost power due to being in the wrong gear.
At the Eisenhower Pass (higher than Vail) no problem as I did get the right gear combination. I dropped out of 4th OD, downshifted ionto 3rd and then went to 3rd OD, had plenty of power and no struggle by the engine.
It is all in doing it right to start, once the car slows it can be an inconvience getting back to speed.
Bob