[Healeys] O/D Click

Bob Johnson robert.w.johnson at charter.net
Mon Jul 7 09:54:34 MDT 2008

I think that I recall that there was a discussion that said that when I turn
on the key and flip the o/d switch on the dash there should be a click from
the throttle switch on the dash. I'm not getting that. Also did not get o/d to
work on my trip from Denver to Dallas and back yesterday. Not on the whole 18
mile each way trip! (Did I mention that this is in NC?) Any suggestions on
where to start? The o/d has been flaky for about a year now, I think that it
is time to tackle this prob. Flaky in this case means that when everything is
throughly warmed, driving along with o/d engaged, the car will intermittently
go in and out of o/d... drops out on acceleration, back in when cruising. I
think that this means something needs to be cleaned and/or adjusted. I'll try
the archives for that.

Bob Johnson
BJ8