[Healeys] Nipple Wanted

Quinn, Patrick Patrick.Quinn at det.nsw.edu.au
Sun Jul 6 19:36:09 MDT 2008

G'day Alan

Sadly Bill Bressington succumbed to a long bout of cancer a little time
back. I had the pleasure of interviewing Bill a few years back about
when he was involved in motor sport during the 1950s and '60s both here
in Australia and in Europe.

He was always in great demand here as the font of knowledge on all
things SU. During his prime Bill was known as Mr Brasso due to him
always carrying a can of the metal cleaner with him so he could clean SU
needles for optimum performance.

When in Europe he bought out all the remaining spare parts of SU when it
was still part of BMC. He is the only person that I know who had the
complete array of parts for making the extreme rare dual-throat SU that
was originally fitted to the BN3/1. However at close to $2,000 each and
I need 3 I had to declined.

SU Midel is still thriving and offering first class service under the
control of sons Grant and Adam Bressington.

Have a look at www.sumidel.com

Yes they pay me a zillion dollars for every SU carburettor needle they
sell - so buy lots.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia