[Healeys] Healey California trip mileage - others sought

insptwo at msn.com insptwo at msn.com
Sat Jul 5 20:10:14 MDT 2008

Don't forget that with the new ethanol in the gas, your mileage is going to
drop! How much so will depend on your particular engine and the amount of heat
that you are in.
Bill
BJ7

> Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 18:16:12 -0700> From: steveg at abrazosdata.com> To:
healey.nut at gmail.com> CC: healeys at autox.team.net> Subject: [Healeys] Healey
California trip mileage - others sought> > Alan,> I actually have a hopped-up
29D motor which runs quite strong--has a stock> cam and HD6 carbs with headers
and a DMD 2-carb manifold and 1.6 rockers.> > Now I'm interested in figuring
out why my mileage is bad. I wonder if our> local California fuel has anything
to do with it.> > Would like to hear trip mileages from other folks in Calif.>
-- > Steve Gerow> Pasadena CA> 59 BN6> > > > From: "Alan Seigrist"
<healey.nut at gmail.com>> > > > Steve -> > > > Tom's right, your BN6 should be
doing better than 20 mpg on the highway.>