[Healeys] zddp followup

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Jul 5 17:35:03 MDT 2008

In case some of you missed the information in all of the verbiage of my "On the Road to Conclave" reports, we poured in a product called ZDDPlus with the oil change before leaving home (0.8 oz/quart of oil).  After 3,391 miles neither of our engines or camshafts or tappets have fallen out on the ground, and both engines are still running sweetly.  My oil on the stick still looks like new.  I think George has a ring seating problem so he can't say that, but still....

I don't know if ZDDPlus is snake oil, or if GM EOS is the best supplement to use; but GM made it too difficult to get their product so the heck with them as far as I'm concerned.

Someone pointed out that I called the stuff "ZDDP Plus" when it is actually "ZDDPlus".  You can get more info at their interesting website:  http://www.zddplus.com.

When I get home, I'll pull a tappet or two and see how they look.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC (currently in Bryce Canyon, Utah)