[Healeys] Ok this is a Jag 3.8 XKE/Saloon question

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 06:31:23 MDT 2008

Hi All -

Some of you may recall that I bought a Mk IX
Right Hooker w/ automatic about 3 months ago.
(ref http://www.saloondata.com/cars/detail/?car=772606BW if
interested).  This car has the same motor as the Series 1 E-type and I
know there are lots of E-type owners on the list.

Anyway, I've had very good experience with putting the Pertronix Distributor
on my '52 Austin A90 Atlantic, and I was wondering if any of
you have put one on your E-type/Mk IX / or any 3.8 saloon??

http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/flame/dist/british.aspx
http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=D177600/591.0.15572.17600.0.0.0

I think it should be a straight plug in (the Jags have the
offset drive dog, right?) so anyone with experience on this
would be great.

Thought you'd like to know I received the car here in Hong
Kong and inspected and she is an absolute stunner - 67K
original miles & everything, I mean EVERYTHING, is original
from the factory including the plug wires from 1959!  Insane!

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8