[Healeys] Turning Brake Drums

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Jul 3 21:14:34 MDT 2008

Listers,

Went to have my BJ8's drums turned by my favorite parts house and they
refused to turn them because they couldn't find a spec for minimum
thickness.  The drums have plenty of "meat" left, but without an
official spec--there's no markings on the drums--they said they could
lose their business license if they turned them.

I don't doubt the shop; just wondering if anyone else has encountered
this issue and, if so, what was done.  New drums are over $100 ea., and
mine are balanced so I'd like to keep them.

TIA,
bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net