[Healeys] zddp followup

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Thu Jul 3 21:08:15 MDT 2008

I love VR1
Read here about why I'm a fan.
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=39

Michael Salter

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces+msalter=precisionsportscar.com at autox.team.net
[mailto:healeys-bounces+msalter=precisionsportscar.com at autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of healeybn4 at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 9:34 PM
To: eorr at cogeco.ca; steveg at abrazosdata.com; healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] zddp followup

I highly recommend VR1 20-50 racing oil.? Last year I finished a 5 year
restoration of a 100 with a Denis Welch engine rebuilt in the UK.? The car
was run in with about 300 miles before importation to the states.? I changed
the oil to Castrol GTX 20-50 before Conclave last year.? The engine
developed a modest oil leak from the rear main seal with the Castrol.? After
several recommendations I changed to the Valvoline and it diminshed the oil
leak and improved oil pressure by 3 to 5 pounds.? I have converted to VR1 on
each on my English cars.

Cheers,? Pete Sturtevant