[Healeys] British Number Plate

Craig and Sue Rice craigsuerice at iquest.net
Thu Jan 31 18:46:16 MST 2008

Listers,

I am searching for a period correct British Number Plate for my BN2.

I have one that has been on my BN1 since 1959. It was a gift to my Father from
a British friend.  This Plate can be seen on the January 2007 page of the
Austin-Healey Club of America calendar.

It has three letters followed by three numbers mounted to a 20 = X4 = aluminum
base painted black with a small (3/4 X 1/4) "Ace" tag attached to the upper
left corner.

The 3 = high by 2 = wide silver letters & numbers are riveted to the base.

All dimensions in inches.

Other examples of this style of plate can be found at:

            Austin-Healey BN1/BN2 Sales Brochure

            AH Spares Web Page

            Page 26 photo-Anders Ditlev Clausager---"Original Austin-Healey"

            Page 2 photo---January 2008 issue---Healey Marque

I can send additional photos if you can help locate one of these plates.

It does not have to be perfect-I can restore it.

Also, does anyone know of a Web Site that correlates the plate letter/number's
with geographical region of England?

Thanks,

Craig Rice

BN1 & BN2