[Healeys] Painting engine bay

Freese, Ken Kendall.Freese at Aerojet.com
Mon Jan 28 16:15:45 MST 2008

I have been painting my engine bay with a Preval sprayer. It has a spray
head, a cartridge of propellant, and a glass jar for the paint.
I seem to be getting a lot of orange peel and an excess amount near
places that once saw brake fluid, like around the master cylinders. I
have used primer and I have thinned the paint plenty per instructions. I
am now on my third go round with sanding smooth and trying again.
I used to get good results with a Preval when they used CFC's. Now the
box says isobutanes. Is that the problem or still my technique?
The paint store offered to put the paint in aerosol cans for $5 which is
more than the Preval.
Thanks,
Ken Freese
65 BJ8