[Healeys] FW: Dip/Strip/Sandblast AH Chassis

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 20:40:03 MST 2008

Hi Guys, What is POR-15 and what is Chassis Coat? Never heard of this stuff
before.  I am preparing a chassis for stripping and trying to decide which way
to go.  Thanks, Richard > POR15 has a "Tie-Coat" that acts as a paintable
barrier over the POR15 > itself. Apply the Tie-Coat and then paint over it
with whatever color you > want.> > JR> ----- Original Message ----- > From:
"Jody Kerr" <jodyfkerr at gmail.com>> To: "Mark and Kathy"
<mgtrcars at galaxyinternet.net>> Cc: "Brashear, Jack, N"
<JNBrashear at garverengineers.com>; > <healeys at autox.team.net>> Sent: Tuesday,
January 22, 2008 7:31 PM> Subject: Re: [Healeys] FW: Dip/Strip/Sandblast AH
Chassis> > > > Chassis coat comes in black, silver and white if I remember
correctly.> > It's used as a cover layer to protect the POR-15 from UV Light.>
>> > If it isn't a "proper" colour you can paint over it. Normally, if> >
there's a specific colour I'm trying to hit I spray with white chassis> > coat
as if it were a primer and then do my regular paint over top.> >> > Jody> >>