[Healeys] Testing a battery, non Healey

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Jan 19 10:34:54 MST 2008

I visited the car storage facility of a friend and club member who has a
number of British cars and Porsches, all the Porsches were plugged into
battery trickle chargers, the British cars were not, he said the parasitic
losses from the various systems that stay  running, security etc, will
discharge the battery fairly quickly, although a week seems pretty short.

Most any auto parts chain store will test a battery for you for free (in the
'states anyway).  I would go that route and get a new one if needed, and if
the car routinely sits a trickle of float charger for a few bucks more.

Greg Lemon
(still lurking)