[Healeys] Castrol classic car oil

insptwo at msn.com insptwo at msn.com
Fri Jan 18 12:37:01 MST 2008

All I can say is that I use Kendall GT1 Hi performance 40 weight. According to
their web site, it is for use for older engines and contains .094% Zinc by wt.
Does Redline or Val VR1 give an amount or percent so that we might compare?
Bill
BJ7

> From: GSFuqua1 at aol.com> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:39:22 -0500> To:
tomfelts at windstream.net; javrugtman at htcnet.org; bspidell at comcast.net> CC:
healeys at autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Castrol classic car oil> > Yes,
Val VR 1 has enough ZDDP, as does Redline. Maybe my messages are not >
reaching the list but Amsoil offers many products still with the API SL >
designation which still has plenty of ZDDP in it. The statement about API
speck SM is > correct DON'T use it in your flat tappet engine. Especially if
it is newly > rebuilt!! Marketing or not Amsoil has done a LOT of wear testing
on the > various oils and has results available for anyone that cares.> > Some
of the list may not be familiar with Amsoil but is has been around a > LONG
time. They know their oils. Buy what ever you want but use an SM rated oil >
at your own peril. Otherwise I suggest you may want to check things out and >
use what David Nock, Tom or myself have suggested.> > Gary Fuqua> Classic
Sports Cars> Branson, MO>