[Healeys] Engine Oils

Healey Bruce healeybruce at roadrunner.com
Fri Jan 18 09:52:31 MST 2008

I spoke with Dave at Red Line last week.  Red Lne 10W40 synthetic contains
around 1250 ppm of ZDDP.  All oils meeting API SM standards (the current)
have between 600-800 ppm.  I also spoke with David Nock, who uses Red Line
10W40.  The viscosity of this oil is equivalent to a mineral-based 20W50,
according to both David N and Dave (Red Line).  Bottom line seems to be that
if it meets API SM standard, don't trust it in an old flat tappet engine.

Bruce Steele
1960 BN7
Brea, CA