[Healeys] Tanner BT7

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Tue Jan 15 19:20:15 MST 2008

I was at Fourintune when Tom Kovacs, under the watchful eye of Geoff Healey
(and my video cameras)  gently ground the paint back on what turned out to
be NOJ 391 (Fred Hunter's cars). Geoff called it a Dockers light metallic
green... the green equivalent to metallic Healey blue. When Kovacs recreated
the S powered NOJ 391, with Geoff's blessing, he matched that paint from the
original Fred Hunter car. It can be seen here...

http://www.fourintune.com/gallery153.html

The pictures of the Tanner Barrett Jackson car appear to be a far lighter
shade of green that the Special Test Car colors (the Bonneville endurance
car, and 3 cars prepared for '53 LeMans).

This Tanner car, like all of his, certainly is beautiful... I take no issue
with that (never having seen his cars in person for a closer look). I do
take issue with any statement that describes it as "prepared to Gold
concours standards"... as it wouldn't make the grade with the various
liberties in colors, etc. I think either the seller, the writer on the
website, or Barrett Jackson might be at risk for false representation in
their description.

WST