[Healeys] Al Souter

Peter Svilans peter.svilans at rogers.com
Sat Jan 12 11:52:24 MST 2008

For Southern Ontario, Canada people, sad to see the obituary for Al Souter.
Proprietor of Souter's Sports Car Parts on Hwy 6 near Hamilton, he was a
colourful fixture of the sports car and amateur racing scene in the sixties.
Among other exploits, he ran the Canadian Winter Rally in a Lotus Seven.  More
stories:
http://www.wheels.ca/article/124219

As a naive 21-year-old I bought my BN 6 at his emporium in April 1971 for $
200.  Still have it.  He also worked with us at Mike Salter's Precision Sports
Cars awhile.

Happy trails, Al.