[Healeys] Perry Mason and the Healey

Drew Philippo dphilippo at gtp-eng.com
Wed Jan 9 12:21:31 MST 2008

Speaking of Perry Mason and Healeys, back in the 70's, my father-in-law shot
a public service spot for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms that
featured both Raymond Burr and our 1965 BJ8. They had to remove the radio
antenna for the shot, which was the last time the radio worked until we got
it fixed a couple of years ago. Unfortunately he no longer has the film
stock. That would be a cool thing to have now.

I watched an ancient Perry Mason rerun last night (The Case of the
Waylaid Wolf).  The star of the show was a white (as much as you can
tell on B/W TV) BN6 with bolt on steel wheels.  It had a pretty
prominent part in the action, especially when the scared girl tried to
put it into first gear without using the clutch.  The grinding noise was
horrible but the sound of the car starting and revving up was real.
The old Perry reruns seem to contain several shots of Healeys but this
had the most I've ever noticed.  Who says old-timey TV ain't worth
staying up for....

Jack