[Healeys] HD8 carb questions, parts needed!!!

R Dickson rdickson at midwestarchaeology.com
Mon Jan 7 14:40:05 MST 2008

Fellow Listers,
I picked up a couple of 2 inch HD8 carbs off Ebay from an old Jag.  I want
to put them on my BJ7 Healey at some point.  What do I need?  I have a set
of old HD6 carbs.   The rod for the cam seems to fit fine but the cam that
lifts the float does not fit.  I swapped out the bottom assembly (jet
housing I believe) from the HD8 Jag carb that goes between the float bowl
and the carb body with an HD6 unit.  The little brass arms do not look the
same as the pics.  Does anybody out there have a couple of jet housings for
an HD8?  Also, the float bowls are straight, therefore,  can't I just swap
out my HD6 bowls and lids?  Are the HD8 castings between the Healey and the
Jag significantly different and can this work?  Thanks!  Also, I'm having
email problems so please ignore repeat emails.

Randy Dickson
Healey-Archaeologist

1963 BJ7 #20,040
1966 Cobra replica