[Healeys] autopulse series 2100 Fuel Pump

Patton Dickson 57healey at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 15:04:48 MST 2008

My BN4 came to me with an autopulse series 2100 Fuel pump on it to replace
the original SU.   Today, the pump wasn't pulling gas, and I opened it up
and found the diaphragm had turned to black goo.

It is an old pump (probably 40 years old) and seems well built and looks
like it was meant to be on the car.  I found a place that sells rebuild kits
for it cheap (6.50 here
http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/html/bel_pump.html).  The low
pressure version (which I have to assume I have) is 2.5-4 psi and new ones
are only $60.  I there any reason not to rebuild other than going back to
original.  Since it was on the car when I got it, I think i would like to
keep it unless there is something I am not thinking about.

Thanks
Patton

--
Patton Dickson - http://Austin-Healeys.com - Plano, TX
1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Built to run 'til the road wears out."