[Healeys] Tachometer problems

WWSCPO at aol.com WWSCPO at aol.com
Sat Jan 5 15:50:11 MST 2008

Hi everyone,

I have a positive earth BJ8 that I am putting back together.  I spent  the
day getting the engine into basic tune when I noticed that the tach wasn't
working.  I checked the wiring diagram again to assure that everything was
connected correctly, from the tach to the ignition switch to the distributor and
coil.  Everything seems right.  I do remember hearing about the  direction of
the loop the white wire makes as it passes through the white nylon  clip on the
back of the tach to the ignition switch; depending on whether  the ground was
positive or negative.  I took that out and reversed its  direction and still
no function.  Any ideas or knowledge as to why tachs  don't work??

TIA,

Bill Schumann