[Healeys] Czechoslovakian/Bertone Healeys

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Fri Jan 4 22:30:13 MST 2008

G'day Steve

That's really interesting. There are photos of a Bertone bodied Healeys on
p35 of Bill Emerson's book.

I have never heard of a Czech coachbuilder building bodies for Healeys but
who's to say. Between Oct 1946 and the end of 1949 a total of 93 separate
rolling chassis were sold to various owners and coachbuilders. There is no
record of what bodies were fitted to these cars.

The Donald Healey Motor Company didn't build any bodies for their cars -
they had other's do it for them.

Yes I agree there is a degree of confusion between Morris, Austin and
Leonard Lord. I suspect he is also a little enthusiastic about the numbers
as well.

I would be happy to correspond with him direct if you would send me his
email address and if you could also send me the photo you refer to that
would be much appreciated.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia