[Healeys] Tall guy in a BJ8

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 2 04:33:54 MST 2008

Carl,

I'm 6' 9" and don't fit in the BJ8 or the 100 (darn).  I have a BT7 so this
may not help too much.  I welded another piece of flat steel to the gearbox
side of the seat bottom.  This allowed me to move the seat closer to the
gearbox, about an inch.  That moved the seat back away from the wheel well
enough so I could then move the seat back. I welded some additional flat
stock onto the tabs the seat back mounts to tilt the seat back a bit. I
then drilled a new set of holes in the seat frame for mounting to the slides.

For the "shorter" cushion, I used a new cushion (foam) from Heritage and
drilled some blind holes on the bottom of the foam using a hole saw to
soften the cushion - per Norm Nock's Tech book.  Question - anyone know how
to seal the foam so little bits of foam stop falling on to the carpet?

I have a dished Moto-Lita wheel that came with the car.  Yes, it's a bad
design in that it blocks the two small gauges, but the dish gives me more
leg room. Does Mike Lempert make dished wheels? Mike?

Bob
'62 BT7