[Healeys] Proper starting procedure for a BJ8

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 21:54:44 MST 2008

Jorge -

You should do as Rich suggests - but I might suggest beforehand to first try
to manually hold up both choke levers in the full up position with your
fingers on the carbs while someone cranks the car over.  I've done this a
number of times and it starts every time.  Much better than dumping starter
fluid in there.  If it doesn't start when you do that, then it will likely
be something else like a bad dizzy rotor or something.

Best Regards,

Alan
'52 A90
'53 BN1