[Healeys] 5 speed conversion

Charlie Baldwin mgcharlie at comcast.net
Fri Feb 29 14:36:42 MST 2008

Robert,
I can use the pressure plate, but the disc spline must match the Toyota
transmission's input shaft.  My current disc could be used to make a new
one with the spline changed to the correct size and number of teeth, but
that may cost just as much as a new disc.
To explain the whole thing, my BT7 disc has a 10" OD and 6 3/4" ID on
the friction material.  The supplied disc has 9 1/8" OD, 6 1/8" ID.  So
using my pressure plate the effective friction size will be 9 1/8" OD, 6
3/4" ID which if you figure the friction areas is only 69% of the
original.  It just doesn't sound like sound engineering practice to me.
Charlie