[Healeys] FW: Fw: 1960 Austin Healey 3000 BN7

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 12:15:32 MST 2008

Carlos,
Hi.
I'm told that the only way that you can get at them is to string them along
until their cheque actually arrives. (This, of course is the instrument that
will bounce at the very last moment, once your transfer to them has
cleared). Their cheques are stolen and cost them money, which is actually
why they are fairly reluctant to send them. We got one out of some Nigerian
shyster. The cheque was written on a McCurdy Hamilton account from
Ballymena, Northern Ireland! (Coincidence, as I'm from N.Ireland).McCurdy's
was/is a large old fashioned outfitters....the sort of place that sells flat
hats, check shirts and stout boots to stout farmers. Hence the idea that
they could be working in conjunction with some "President's widow from
Bongobongoland" is ludicrous.
We had fun with them, but I doubt if it's worth the trouble.
Some of these seem to be coming out of Hong Kong &/or the PRC these days.
Normally distinguishable from the Nigerian ones as the plot is more
outlandish and the grammar worse.
Simon