[Healeys] BJ8 rear carb removal

Brashear, Jack, N JNBrashear at garverengineers.com
Mon Feb 25 08:08:39 MST 2008

I know this thread is getting old by now but lemme tell y'all what I did
that makes BJ8 carb removal a (relative) breeze.  I replace the 5/16"
hex nuts (which require a 1/2" wrench) with 5/16-24 Jet Nuts from a
Pegasus Racing catalog.  These have a reduced hex (read 3/8" wrench) but
the surface area is the same as the regular nut.  Believe me, it's a
zillion times easier to work with the smaller wrench.  Just my
2-cents-worth....
Jack