[Healeys] Frustrated - coolant leak at drain tap

Mirek and Gwen Sharp m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 17 12:59:29 MST 2008

Rich,

The fuel taps for vintage motorcycles are quite similar in construction to
the coolant drain tap on a Healey and they are still manufactured.  One of
the biggest suppliers is Surrey Cycles in the UK.  Orders from them reach me
in about 7 days.  You might try to see if they can just sell you a spring or
two, or perhaps they have some old taps they will part with cheaply.  Here
is their coordinates http://www.amalcarburettors.co.uk/spares_01.htm

cheers,  Mirek