[Healeys] Driving to San Diego

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Sat Feb 16 15:21:42 MST 2008

Taking a break this afternoon, I was scrolling around on Maps.Google.com
looking at ways we could drive to San Diego from Northern California for the
Healey meet.
I was trying to figure out how to do that without going through the mess of
LA traffic. Looking at the map, it looked as if a possibility would be to go
across the north side of the San Fernando Valley (118), then pick up I210 to
Rancho Cucamonga and from there down I15 to San Diego.
Does anyone who lives down there have any thoughts on that route versus, say,
101 to Topanga Canyon to Santa Monica and down Route 1 into San Diego?
Interested in comments on traffic, temperature, and scenery.
Anyone?
Thanks
Gary