[Healeys] Old Gasoline

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 01:21:07 MST 2008

Rich

Something that worked for me but perhaps not the best solution was to
drain the old fuel and store it short term. Then I added it to a tank of
new fuel a little at a time every time I filled up . I kept the
concentration at less that 10%.

My theory was that if there was any 'wax' in the old fuel it would be
diluted by the new and not cause any problems.

I did however have a problem with a fuel pump after it had stood for a
similarly long period. It was full of a congealed 'mess' and had rotted
the diaphragm.

Regards

--
John Harper