[Healeys] Brake noises

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:02:36 MST 2008

Before driving any further, get a friend and have him stand next to the car.
Drive in reverse and apply the brakes smartly. Pull forward and apply the
brakes. Do it a number of times and try to get it to make it that sound again.
If it does you should be able to determine the problem. If it doesn't. You
don't have a problem.  Richard   > From: davzu29 at cox.net> To:
theswed at hotmail.com; healeys at autox.team.net> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:30:06
-0500> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brake noises> > My guess is bad hub splines,
loose caliper, brake pads, or possibly a > bearing. I'm sure others may have
additional thoughts.> > David Z> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Kenny
J" <theswed at hotmail.com>> To: "Healeys Healeys" <healeys at autox.team.net>>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 2:55 PM> Subject: [Healeys] Brake noises> > >
> While driving my car today, I noticed when the brakes were applied there > >
was a> > knocking noise coming from the front brakes. Sounded like it was
coming > > from> > the left side. When I pumped the brakes a second time the
knock was not> > present. Any ideas? Thanks.> >> > Kenny> > 61 BT-7> >