[Healeys] Austin Healey Chassis Frame

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 12:11:56 MST 2008

On Saturday, I posted a response to Michael Giroux who needed to locate mounting holes in his BT7 frame.  Attached to that response was an attachment of a chassis frame diagram.  Since then, a number of Listers requested a copy.

  The diagram is based on a picture downloaded off Larry Varley's website and then cleaned-up and enhanced for clarification purposes.  To simplify things, I sent a request to our club's webmistress to have the revised diagram put on the Austin Healey Club of Southern Ontario website.  It is now available at  http://www.ahcso.com/TechTalk/TechTalk.htm

  The file 100-6_3000ChassisDesign.doc  is a MSWord document of 2500kb, with an embedded jpeg diagram and notations, on a legal size page [8 = x 14] with a landscape orientation.  If enlarged to 350% and all the fine detail will be quite readable.

  The original picture downloaded in 2002 is about 54 x 33 at 297 pixels/in.  Needless to say, it was a considerable size.  It can be seen at  http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/healeydraw.html in a tiff format along with a number of other drawings from the Donald Healey Motor Company and Austin Manufacturing.  These were provided to Larry Varley by Greg Kilmartin and Chris Harding.

  Anyway, there it is.  Oh yes, I see my revised version more as art work than a working diagram.  If you wish to use it to as a working diagram, be sure to check it against the diagram and measurements shown in your workshop manual.  There, that should take care of any liability issues. J

  Enjoy!!  --Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada

J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives