[Healeys] Car Events

Russ Staub bbb11489 at azboss.net
Mon Feb 11 11:08:45 MST 2008

Hi Ed,

It barely meets your intended time frame, but the Wheels of Britain car
show is scheduled for March 4th at Heritage Square in downtown Phoenix
this year.  Usually a good show with all the marques in attendance.
Also, the local British Car Clubs have an annual "Pancakes in the Park"
get together where the Mini Club will be cooking pancakes at a local
park for the various car clubs that attend on March 18th.  See the
following Lotus Owners of Phoenix link-
(http://www.loophx.com/index.php?menutopic=Events&submenu=Events&hmenustr=Home)

Unfortunately, slightly out of your time frame is the 18th annual
Copperstate 1000 rally and the Tempe Diablo "Field of Dreams" car show
scheduled for April 6th to 9th.  See the following links for more info-
  (http://www.mensartscouncil.com/cs/)   or
(http://www.sportscarmarket.com/articles/archives/1364).

It's hard to believe, but someone up there in the "Great White North"
has an interest in things other than Brit cars (like maybe flowers?).
The Desert  Botanical Garden has some special events scheduled for
March, see the following link for information of events during the time
you will be in the area.
(http://www.dbg.org/index.php/plan/calendar/specialevents).

If you should come this way, Casa Staub is always open, with an extra
bedroom if desired, except for the 12th & 13th when another couple from
Eastern Canada will be stopping by.

Regards,

Russ and Jan.