[Healeys] Boot Seal-Again

Dave Schweninger quenty at ntelos.net
Sat Feb 9 11:31:23 MST 2008

To the list Gurus.
  I am installing a new boot lid seal. Moss 021-775. An Archived
reply by John Loftus mentions that the 90 degree part of the seal
goes into the inside corner of the boot lid, with the seal lip facing
out. The seal I have has no 90 Degree corner. It is simply a thick
open "U". The sides of the "U" are about 30 Degrees to the base.
   There is no way this seal will fit with the lip facing out. Or in
for that matter. Also the boot lid flange, in the center of each
side, is turned back toward the center. This return is about 1/2 wide.
  What am I missing? Or is this a mis-packaged seal?
   Thanks
  Dave & Daisy