[Healeys] More on ZDDP

Healey Bruce healeybruce at roadrunner.com
Fri Feb 8 08:13:55 MST 2008

I found it interesting that Castrol says on their website that their Syntec
(the non-API SM rated version) is fine for break in period, but Red Line
still recommends mineral based oil, at least for the first 1000-1500 miles.
I have 2000 miles on my engine, so I called Red Line.  I spoke with Dave (as
I recall), who advised that I would be fine at 2000 miles to use Red Line
synthetic.

Bruce Steele
1960 BN7
Brea, CA