[Healeys] steering idler

Warthodson at aol.com Warthodson at aol.com
Thu Feb 7 10:34:03 MST 2008

The bushing must be reamed to fit the idler shaft. You should have a  machine
shop do this for accurate fitting.
Gary Hodson

In a message dated 2/7/2008 10:06:50 A.M. Central Standard Time,
info at atteanlodge.com writes:

Amongst  many other projects, I decided to rebuild the steering idler on my
BJ8.  Ordered new seals and bushings from Moss, got the old bushings
out,lubed  and pressed new ones in, identical to the old ones or so it seems.
Problem  now is I cannot re-insert idler shaft unless using VERY big hammer,
also  reamed ends of bushings slightly with dremel tool to take care of any
mushrooming. any ideas?? Thanks.
Brad Holden
Healeys at autox.team.net