[Healeys] I never saw a relay like this before. Is this new technology or a cheapie??

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 08:47:57 MST 2008

Hi Jack;  A Google search for ' DB10 33117 ' came up with the following two hits:

   http://www.holden.co.uk/wiringDiagrams.asp
  Go to the 5th item from the bottom of the page.  Then go to:
  http://www.holden.co.uk/displayProduct-print.asp?pcode=33117/DB10
  for a fairly good picture and wiring diagram.

  and

  http://healey.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=619&latest=1
AHC-UK "Healey Forum"; second response on this thread has a link to an eBay auction for a DB10 Relay.  The last post in the thread has a picture of a "DB10 Relay"

  My guess is that it is a repro such as provided by Holden which does not have the name "Lucas" on it.  But the price; bloody hell - almost $180 Cdn.

  --Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada; '60 MkI BN7 & '62 MkII BT7

  "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear at garverengineers.com> wrote:
  I have this 8 terminal brake light / flasher relay that looks just like
the ones we all know and love on our Healeys & Spridgets. It is
identified on the cover as "DB10, made in England, 33117, 12v, 0491" but doesn't say Lucas. Inside, there is a circuit board with two
encapsulated relays. I'm used to seeing the good old-timey stuff with
coils and wires. What do I have here?? Are these OK?? Enquiring minds wanna know... Many thanks,

Jack

J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives