[Healeys] Steering box question

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Sun Dec 28 20:32:03 MST 2008

The belleville washers are spring washers that are used to set the end float
and maintain tension on the steering shaft. They also allow the depth of
engagement of the worm and peg to be adjusted. If the catalog calls for six I
think you will need six. Bill Lawrence> Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 09:10:30 -0800>
From: bspidell at comcast.net> To: healeys at autox.team.net> Subject: [Healeys]
Steering box question> > Folks,> > According to the Moss catalog, the steering
box in our 100 requires SIX > "belleville washers."  One, I can see, but
6???!!!> > Anybody know the story on these?  It looks as if the shaft pivots
on > these, but why six?  At $2+/per, I don't want to order six if not >
required, but if that's what it takes ...> > > Bob> > -- >