[Healeys] correct license plate - CA

Curt/Nancy Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 19:57:28 MST 2008

Ron,

I'll give you my plate numbers but remember it's not that simple, e.g. my
'55 BN1 built Jan. 11 '55 is registered as a '56 indicating that it was sold
new in '56.  Its original yellow plates with black lettering are *HLD 498*.
And noo, I don't know when in '56 it was sold.  It then was issued black
plates with yellow lettering in '63 with the plate changeover.  This plate
is *QEB 858*.

Our Bugeye is a late one AN5L 43625 built in '60.  It currently has black
plates *KRD 888*, but would have originally had the yellow plates, however I
don't know what they were.

In fact if you remember, when your plates were issued, they gave you a small
colored key fob with the plates. I have both these key fobs for my 100 which
is one reason I know what yellow plates were issued from new.

Cheers,

Curt

PS  The 100 is currently registered with the CA vanity plate "HEALEY."