[Healeys] Zinc in springs

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Dec 26 14:29:30 MST 2008

Listers,

A while back, there was a discussion on the types of liners used between leafs on rear springs.  According to my catalogs, the later cars used rubber strips, but our BN2 has metal strips which, if I recall, are made of zinc.

Does anyone know the type of zinc alloy (or pure zinc) used?  Also, does anyone know a source for the strips or for zinc sheet in the correct type and thickness?  Alternatives (think teflon was mentioned)?

TIA,
Bob

Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell at comcast.net