[Healeys] Holes in Frame Rails

Quinn, Patrick Patrick.Quinn at det.nsw.edu.au
Wed Dec 17 16:00:26 MST 2008

G'day Rich

The Austin-Healey chassis is a piece of Healey History that is often
overlooked.

While Jensen Brothers undertook the assembly of the Austin-Healey they
did not make the chassis. It was made by Thompson Motor Pressings of
Wolverhampton and delivered to Jensen for initially assembly before
being trucked to BMC for final assembly.

Thompson Motor Pressings also made chassis for many other manufacturers,
but like so many British companies connected with the automotive
industry went under when the industry self destructed.

It was part of a much larger combine that made anything from electric
stoves to the hardware for nuclear power plants.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia

Near as we can tell these seem to be fixture locating holes for the jigs

Jensen used when assembling these chassis.

Rich Chrysler