[Healeys] Electrical

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 15:46:37 MST 2008

Ahhh you sound just like my electrical power tutor, dont forget the outer
sheath insulation also affects the current carrying capacity, over here we use
XLPE which has better properties for heating / welding projects, rather than
PVC so its difficult to gauge the size just looking at the outer cable
diameter of welding cable. Was just trying to point out its difficult to gauge
the size of a cable unless you know what it is, and the CSA in electicians
terms is dependant on type of cable, as well as solid or stranded core. The
cable calc would then be affected due to the different volt drop, diversity
applied, installation conditions, etc

I believe the answer would be 42 :)

Humble apologies, all the best Andy