[Healeys] Hidden for a Half Century / 1940 Barn Dodge ( Not Healey)‏

Leonard Berkowitz drberkowitz at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 19:41:47 MST 2008

I also have a classic 1950 Dodge Coronet 4 door sedan with Gyromatic Transmission which I find it to be an absolute delight. Mine also has a history, but not quite as amazing as this one. When I restored it (actually restoration was mostly done by Malcolm Jennings in Westbury NY) we found it to be almost perfect under the old paint.  So good, that we left the original under coating untouched prior to applying new paint.  The body required only repair of the right rear fender and replacing or replating most of the brite metal.  The most amazing feature is that you get to really see how amazing my 63 BJ7 really was, compared to the cars of it's day.