[Healeys] Throttle linkage advice

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 04:39:24 MST 2008

Russ and list

Many thanks for the constructive reply, and all because I agreed with a well
written and constructive criticism on the way the Uk Healey club was run many
moons ago. Must of upset someone.

Sorry to copy the list, but surprised there are replies of this standing from
the Austin Healey club uk.

A very dissappointed
Andy
ps. thanks Alan. Norman etc for the more constructive reply.
> From: russward at lineone.net> To: ampole at hotmail.com> Subject: RE: [Healeys]
Throttle linkage advice> Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 06:14:36 +0000> > Me thinks
andy (big mouth ) might have a problem> > -----Original Message-----> From:
healeys-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net]> On
Behalf Of andy pole> Sent: 15 December 2008 22:59> To: healeys at autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Throttle linkage advice> > Guys> > Any advice please. I
have changed to right hand drive and had problems with> the conversion; the
throttle spring being too small for the throttle shaft> and> have had to emery
paper the shaft so there is not too much resistance on the> return action.> >
Now on fitting the new type poly bushes to the old throttle cross shaft it>
has> again gripped this shaft too tightly when bolted up underneath the
gearbox> aperture (the bushes were loose on the shaft until the brackets were>
tightened). Has anyone else had this problem? It will turn but I guess is>
far> too tight for the return springs on throttle and carbs. How slack should
it> be? Its the last job before the engine goes in, except for filling and>
bleeding the hydraulics and perhaps dropping a battery in to double check>
the> electrics.> > many thanks Andy>