[Healeys] [off] graded & ss bolt comparisons

Frakes, Jim jimf at frakes-eng.com
Fri Dec 5 09:19:14 MST 2008

Listers,
The persons question, as interpreted by me, was "Where to get Stainless
Bolts and Screws?"
It seems that set off a storm that I MIGHT be recommending stainless or
Grade 8 or that Healeys ORIGINALLY HAD ANY STAINLESS or Grade 8. NEITHER
IS TRUE, (IMHO). I also agree that Stainless is less than grade 5.

I only said where I get my bolts and screws, and that is true,
Mcmaster.com.

We have an account there for my business and have a KEEP FULL program
with Bowman Bolts where they come in every two weeks and replenish our
shelves with bolts, nuts, screws, cleaners, etc. We do use stainless
quite often as we occasionally build medical devices and products for
water and wastewater treatment systems which require stainless. We have
Bowman come in once per year to train our people on the proper use of
fasteners. BTW, if you are not familiar with Bowman, look on the side of
ALL NASCAR Cup cars and the Bowman logo is there. They use Bowmalloy, a
grade 8 +, fastener.

Sorry to bomb, just MHO.

Jim