[Healeys] Underspray

Healeyguy healeyguy at aol.com
Sun Aug 31 02:55:26 MDT 2008

Since Healeys are not judged that same way as, say, Corvettes, I would not worry about trying to replicate that factory hit and miss paint job both on the primer and color coats. Certainly some parts never had color over the primer so I'll go that far on being original.  A fully restored car should have as much paint protection as you can provide.  Healeys were never intended to last a long time but with some now 53 years young, corrosion continues to be a major problem. A good epoxy primer with appropriate color completely covering  very clean panels is a good way to preserve these cars for future generations to enjoy. My 2 pesos.
Aloha
Perry